Importance of Preventive Health Care for Women
The goal of women's preventive health care is to promote good health and prevent sickness. It entails assessing individual health risk factors, including appropriate screening tests, vaccines, and diet and exercise recommendations.
The following are the most significant screening tests for women:
1) Cervical Cancer Screening: Cervical malignancy is the second most frequent cancer in Indian women.
2) HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) serotypes 16 and 18: HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) is a sexually transmitted illness that accounts for roughly 76.7 percent of Cervical Cancer in India.
Factors that are genetic
Smoking and the use of oral contraceptives
In India, two vaccinations are available: GARDASIL and Cervarix. Vaccinations can begin as early as 9 years old and continue until the age of 26; preferably, they should be given before the first sexual encounter.
Breast Cancer Screening - Breast cancer is the most common cancer in urban India and second-most in rural India*
For early detection - You should do the breast self-examination every month at the same time to detect any changes starting at the age of 20 years (changes may include lump, discharge, swelling, skin irritation, dimpling, nipple abnormalities i.e. pain, redness, scaliness, turning inward). Recommend screening with a 'baseline' mammogram at 40 years of age and regular 2 yearly mammograms should be done. Thereafter, one should begin regular screening at a younger age if known to carry an abnormal gene for breast cancer o=-rs.
3) A yearly ultrasound of the entire abdomen is another screening procedure.
4) Any abnormal uterine bleeding, such as bleeding in an adult woman when her period is less than 21 days or after 35 days, or there is intermenstrual spotting or post-menopausal bleeding, should be reported to your gynaecologist.
5) For osteoporosis, it is advised that DEXA scans begin around the age of 60, but they can be done sooner if high-risk indicators for osteoporosis are present.
6) It is suggested that colon cancer screening begin in women over the age of 50. If a woman has a family history of familial polyposis or hereditary non-polyposis, Colorectal Cancer, or any other high-risk condition, she should begin screening as soon as possible.
8) In addition to the foregoing screening tests, follow your doctor's instructions for routine blood tests such as thyroid, blood sugar, HB, and lipid profile. The patient should have a balanced diet that includes enough of green leafy vegetables and fruits on a daily basis. Supplements for calcium, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids should be taken on a daily basis. Do 150 minutes of regular exercise per week, or as directed by your doctor.4
Role of Supplements in Daily Life
Supplements are supposed to improve your health and are typically used to fill nutrient gaps. Vitamins, minerals, and herbal preparations, generally known as botanicals, are some of the most commonly utilised supplements.
Though you can acquire all of the nutrients you need by eating a variety of healthy meals, supplements can help you fill in any nutritional gaps.
Nutritional supplements may benefit you in the following ways:
It strengthens your immune system.
Aids in the treatment of stress, insomnia, and dietary deficits.
Maintain a healthy equilibrium in your body and hormones.
It's simple for your body to absorb and use
Aid in the reduction of oxidative stress
The following are some of the most popular supplements:
Calcium is important for bone health.
Vitamin D aids calcium absorption in the body.
Vitamin C and E are antioxidants, which are chemicals that help to keep cells healthy by preventing cell damage.
Women of childbearing age are iron-clad.
Vitamin B12 is needed to maintain the health of nerve and blood cells.
Fish oil has been shown to improve heart health.
Supplements can have negative side effects in the following circumstances:
When used with other medications or before surgery
Some medical issues
Smokers who consume high dosages of beta carotene are more likely to get lung cancer.
Larger-than-expected levels of calcium and vitamin D can raise the risk of kidney stones.
Vitamin E in high quantities can cause brain haemorrhage, which can lead to stroke.
Vitamin K has the potential to obstruct the absorption of some nutrients.
It's crucial to understand the chemical composition of supplements, how they're made, and how they act in the body. Before you start taking any supplement, consult with your doctor to see if you actually need one.
Gaeta in Southern Lazio
Pizza is a traditional Italian dish consisting of a yeasted flatbread typically topped with tomato sauce and cheese and baked in an oven. It can also be topped with additional vegetables, meats, and condiments.
Georges Auguste Escoffier
The Savoy Hotel managed by César Ritz was an early hotel in which Escoffier worked, but much of his influence came during his management of the kitchens in the Carlton.
Articles by Philéas Gilbert
Escoffier also simplified and organized the modern menu and structure of the meal. He published a series of articles in professional journals which outlined the sequence, and he finally published his Livre des menus in 1912. This type of service embraced the service à la russe (serving meals in separate courses on individual plates), which Félix Urbain Dubois had made popular in the 1860s.
Escoffier's largest contribution was the publication of Le Guide Culinaire in 1903, which established the fundamentals of French cookery.